curl-and-php

PHP/CURL recompile: RedHat or configure BUG?

From: <adamscott_at_adamscottphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 22:36:48 -0700

Hi, trying to recompile my php4.3.2 to support CURL, on my redhat linux box.

Everything is great except for this:

[from my php ./configure output]
checking for cURL 7.9.8 or greater... configure: error: cURL version 7.9.8
or later is required to compile php with cURL support

... ok, so I go check the version of curl and look at this:
[root_at_ns php-4.3.2]# curl --version
curl 7.10.4 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.10.4 OpenSSL/0.9.6e zlib/1.1.3

Wonderful. My only guess is that the configure script is SO STUPID that it
is doing an
ASCII compare on the version strings instead of parsing it into 3 numbers
and comparing all three.

Anyone know what the heck is up or how to fix this? THANKS!

Adam

http://www.adamscottphotos.com http://www.adamscottphotos.com/adam2