curl-and-php

configuring php with curl

From: Jan Dunzweiler <jan.dunzweiler_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:05:26 +0200

Hi I am trying to configure php with curl.

I running SuSE Linux 8.2 and installed openssl and curl with their newest versions.

I checked if Curl has been installed with openssl support and it does.

now i started php configuration with the following arguments:

'./configure' \
'--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs' \
'--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/etc' \
'--enable-magic-quotes' \
'--with-bcmath' \
'--enable-exif' \
'--with-openssl' \
'--with-curl' \

this leads to an error message:

General settings
checking whether to include debugging symbols... no
checking layout of installed files... PHP
checking path to configuration file... /usr/local/etc
checking directory to be scanned for configuration files... DEFAULT
checking whether to install PEAR, and! where... yes
checking whether to enable safe mode by default... no
checking for safe mode exec dir... /usr/local/php/bin
checking whether to enable PHP's own SIGCHLD handler... no
checking whether to enable magic quotes by default... yes
checking whether to enable runpaths... yes
checking whether to explicitly link against libgcc... no
checking whether to enable short tags by default... yes
checking whether to enable dmalloc... no
checking whether to enable IPv6 support... yes
checking for OpenSSL support... yes
checking for OpenSSL version... >= 0.9.6
checking for CRYPTO_free in -lcrypto... yes
checking for SSL_CTX_set_ssl_version in -lssl... yes

Configuring extensions
checking for ZLIB support... no
checking if the location of ZLIB install directory is defined... no
checking whether to enable bc style precision math functions... no
checking for BZip2 support... no
checking whether to enable calendar conversio! n support... no
checking for cpdflib support... no
checking for CRACKlib support... no
checking whether to enable ctype functions... yes
checking for CURL support... yes
checking for CURL in default path... found in /usr
checking for cURL 7.9.8 or greater... libcurl 7.10.2
checking for curl_easy_perform in -lcurl... no
configure: error: There is something wrong. Please check config.log for more information.

easy.h and curl.h are both in /usr/include/curl/

and libcurl.so, libcurl.a and libcurl.la are in /usr/lib/

I do not know what to do to solve the problem.

Thanks if somebody can help me.

Greetings Jan

Zwei Mal Platz 1 mit dem jeweils besten Testergebnis! WEB.DE FreeMail
und WEB.DE Club bei Stiftung Warentest! http://f.web.de/?mc=021183 ------------------------------------------------------- This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek Welcome to geek heaven. http://thinkgeek.com/sf Received on 2003-09-17