curl-and-php

Re: configuring php with curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:32:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Jan Dunzweiler wrote:

First, you're asking about a configure issue in PHP. I understand you want to
use curl with PHP, but this configure script is really the responsibility of
the PHP project, not of curl.

> I running SuSE Linux 8.2 and installed openssl and curl with their newest
> versions.

7.10.2 is quite far away from being the latest. There's been five public
release since that one.

> checking for CURL support... yes
> checking for CURL in default path... found in /usr
> checking for cURL 7.9.8 or greater... libcurl 7.10.2
> checking for curl_easy_perform in -lcurl... no
> configure: error: There is something wrong. Please check config.log for

Obviously something in PHP's configure script tries to verify something in
libcurl and it fails. I suggest you do as the error suggest, "Please check
config.log for more information". When a check made by configure fails, it
includes that check in the config.log file, and it offers useful hints on the
stuff that failed.

Then you either figure out yourself what caused this problem, or you post this
question to a PHP forum and ask there how to get this to work.

Unless someone else who's reading this has clues to offer. I often wish we had
a bunch of more PHP-involved guys around here to bring light.