curl-and-php

HTTP HEAD request??

From: Marc Richards <mrichar1_at_swarthmore.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:25:02 -0400

Is it possible to do a http HEAD (instead of GET, POST or PUT) request using
the php curl extension? I know that curl itself can do it, but I wasn't
able to find the appropriate CURLOPT constant in the documentation for the
php extension.

I need to do a whole bunch of url calls but all I need is the headers, I
don't have curl support compiled in and I probably won't bother compiling in
if it can't do HEAD (I'll just use fopen).

Has anybody been able to do this?

Marc