curl-and-php

beginner question re: curl and php, lib not found I don't think

From: Nicki Handy <nhandy_at_eve.assumption.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:13:22 -0500

Hello- I don't think PHP is seeing the curl lib, in fact when I seach the
ini file, I only see the windows curl.dll and I am on mac panther. I have
openssl installed and curl and php. I can run it from the command line and I
can run this from a php script:
echo shell_exec("/usr/bin/curl -L http://www.zend.com
http://zend.com/developers.php http://zend.com/zend/tut/");

but I am not able to use curl_init(), called to undefined function.
Shouldn't I add a line to the php.ini file to tell it where curl is? I have
never had to run php from the command line, it comes native to the mac, so I
didn't want to recompile it or anything if possible. Afraid of losing other
things like hookin the mysql. I'm also running a webstar server.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Best
Nicki

Nicki Handy