curl-and-php

Re: beginner question re: curl and php, lib not found I don't think

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:27:55 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Nicki Handy wrote:

(I'm replying since no one else does, I'm a cluebie on this.)

> Hello- I don't think PHP is seeing the curl lib, in fact when I seach the
> ini file, I only see the windows curl.dll and I am on mac panther. I have
> openssl installed and curl and php. I can run it from the command line and I
> can run this from a php script: echo shell_exec("/usr/bin/curl -L
> http://www.zend.com http://zend.com/developers.php
> http://zend.com/zend/tut/");

That only proves you have the curl command line tool installed.

> but I am not able to use curl_init(), called to undefined function.
> Shouldn't I add a line to the php.ini file to tell it where curl is?

That's the windows approach, I don't know if that's how it works on Mac OS.

> I have never had to run php from the command line, it comes native to the
> mac, so I didn't want to recompile it or anything if possible. Afraid of
> losing other things like hookin the mysql. I'm also running a webstar
> server.

I have only ever built PHP on a linux box, using the command line so I really
have no other ideas.

I suggest you ask around in a more Mac-specific forum.