curl-and-php

Re: Speed up curl w/ PHP on processing to iPay

From: InHouse Ticketing - Urbaitel, Marc <urb_at_inhouseticketing.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:03:30 -0800 (PST)

Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. Our merchant claims that it only takes 2 seconds to get a response from
their server. Our network is on the backbone of the internet at Verio in downtown SF. I use Curl
to connect with other merchants and it processes very fast. You think it is on their end? Also,
if I get rid of the CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER line (or change it to TRUE) will that still work?

Thanks,
Marc

> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, InHouse Ticketing - Urbaitel, Marc wrote:
>
>> I need help with speeding up my curl connection. It takes 5 seconds
>> everytime it connects to one of our electronic merchants.
>
> That sounds like you have a problem with your network. Unless you transfer a
> lot of data in that POST, 5 seconds seems excessively long.
>
>> Does anyone know of a command that will stop the connection once the
>> response is sent?
>
> Once the response is received, the control is returned back to the PHP
> program. You don't need any particular command for that.
>
>> curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE); // this line makes it work
>> under https
>
> Also notice that this line makes the HTTPS usage insecure.
>
> --
> Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se -- http://daniel.haxx.se
> Dedicated custom curl help for hire: http://haxx.se/curl.html

Regards,