curl-and-php

Re: Speed up curl w/ PHP on processing to iPay

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:41:31 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, InHouse Ticketing - Urbaitel, Marc wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. Our merchant claims that it only takes 2 seconds to
> get a response from their server. Our network is on the backbone of the
> internet at Verio in downtown SF. I use Curl to connect with other
> merchants and it processes very fast. You think it is on their end?

It could be their end, it could be slow name lookups or 59 other things. It
really is impossible for any outsider to guess without lots of more details. I
would recommend that you analyze or network traffic when the curl commands are
run and then based on their timings you see what particular actions that cause
delays or not. This is not strictly a curl matter.

> Also, if I get rid of the CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER line (or change it to TRUE)
> will that still work?

Only if the server you "speak to" is signed by a CA that is in your CA cert
bundle.

I have explained all the details about this here:

         http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html