curl-and-php

Re: Curl w/ SSL Support gives me "undefined reference to `des_set_odd_parity"

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:37:23 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Bryan Smith wrote:

> I'm sorry, I am just not getting something here, I'm trying to build from
> source cURL right now and keep falling flat on this one. configure seems to
> work fine but make doesn't. How do I got about using the same version for
> both headers and libs? I'm not doing anything that should be making it use
> different ones (that I know of). Sorry I'm somewhat think in the head on
> this.

It seems you have (at least) two OpenSSL versions installed in your system.
You know more about that than I do.

When you build curl, it seems to pick up mixed versions of the headers and the
libs.

Figure out what libs and headers it uses during build. Then make sure it only
uses the correct version by correcting the badly picked ones.

One approach could be to make sure there is only one OpenSSL version installed
and available on your system.