curl-and-php

Re: Having trouble with COOKIE_JAR and COOKIE_FILE

From: Josh <manchild85_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:45:38 +0000 (UTC)

Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl <at> haxx.se> writes:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Josh Halstead wrote:
>
> > $ch = curl_init();
>
> > curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, "$blitzCookie");
> > curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, "$blitzCookie");
> > curl_exec($ch);
> > curl_close($ch);
>
> Doing only this initial POST, do you get a bunch (5) cookies in the cookiejar
> file?
>
> Also, I noticed that your LiveHTTPHeader log shows that when you do the
> initial login POST, it already provides a number of cookies that your browser
> obviously already knew about...

There are cookies that were sent to me and I believe they are there because of
the phpBB Portal that is setup on the main page. Could they potentially cancel
the 'good' cookies (my login cookies) out? You can check the cookies out/etc if
you visit www.the-reincarnation.com and look at your liveHTTP thing. You can
also get to the blitz server by scrolling down and clicking "Blitz Server".

This is an example of the Cookiejar file. This particular one is from doing curl
with the command line but when i use PHP it's in the same format/etc.

# Netscape HTTP Cookie File
# http://www.netscape.com/newsref/std/cookie_spec.html
# This file was generated by libcurl! Edit at your own risk.

blitz.the-reincarnation.com FALSE / FALSE 0 uid 1cf26b8842c62dba5f721f23024afb1f
blitz.the-reincarnation.com FALSE / FALSE 0 mage manchild
blitz.the-reincarnation.com FALSE / FALSE 0 mageid 4884
blitz.the-reincarnation.com FALSE / FALSE 0 sessionid
18a57b43f35d2d6e23dd91a4bae1f955
blitz.the-reincarnation.com FALSE / FALSE 1114393233 phpbb2mysql_data
02fc4982d328f721eb7ae4335cd7b0cd