curl-and-php

Re: Having trouble with COOKIE_JAR and COOKIE_FILE

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:17:14 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Josh wrote:

>> Also, I noticed that your LiveHTTPHeader log shows that when you do the
>> initial login POST, it already provides a number of cookies that your
>> browser obviously already knew about...
>
> There are cookies that were sent to me and I believe they are there because
> of the phpBB Portal that is setup on the main page. Could they potentially
> cancel the 'good' cookies (my login cookies) out?

No, you can only "cancel" a cookie by setting the same cookie name again with
different contents or expire date or similar.

> This is an example of the Cookiejar file. This particular one is from doing
> curl with the command line but when i use PHP it's in the same format/etc.

I was more curious if the PHP code actually made and popuated the cookiejar
file, as failing that it would explain your further problems.

If it does create a sensible cookiejar, then you need to figure out why the
following requests are sent off lacking something that the server uses to
identify as a session. I would assume that is a cookie, but servers can be
more tricky than so at times.