curl-and-php

Re: curl multi mysteriously returns no data at random times

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:51:53 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Nayeem Syed wrote:

> I will check if theres a way in the curlmulti in php to enable
> CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION.

I don't think there is. But I might be wrong, I don't track the development
very closely.

> Is there any way we can use an external curl to fetch the documents? We just
> need an ability to fetch multiple documents simultaneously.

That is tricky to do with external curl, unless you invoke a number of
simultaneous command lines.

> Can it be done using plain sockets?

Sure, it's just a lot of more work.

>> Neither. It doesn't create processes nor threads.
>
> then how does it fetch multiple documents simultaneously?

By using black magic!

Or, it could be that it uses the libcurl multi interface that allows multiple
simultanoues transfers in a single thread... :-)