curl-and-php

Re: curl not scraping Microsoft.com (something wrong?)

From: Kirk Hedden <khedden_at_treefrogcreations.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:39:03 -0400

>I'm sure you have had many successes and can do this in a blink of an eye.
>But as a novice, I've been able to retrieve 1 out of 3 sites.
>
>Perhaps I missed where on your website it explains precisely *what* needs
>to be copied from the headers and *how* to do it in curl, in a
>step-by-step fashion. I'm not expecting a cookie cutter solution, but it
>shouldn't be some mystical process, either.
>
>Any help will be much appreciated!

I don't know why I did this, but I ran the url through my code and it
worked, so I looked to see what I was doing that you weren't.

You need to set the CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR option.

CURL is not an http primer. It's an http tool. If you don't know http,
you'll have a hard time using it. The docs aren't the best, but the info is
there.

Best,
Kirk