curl-and-php

Install issues?

From: Jeff Freeman <Jfreeman_at_rubicon.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:33:34 -0700

Hi,

I wrote almost a week ago--without any responses. (I was hoping for at
least a single hint... If this isn't the right forum to post in please
let me know. :) I realize this is probably a permissions thing (and not
necessarily a direct curl issue)--but I'm totally stumped on what to try
next. (This is on a Windows 2003 server box w/IIS 6 and php 5.04)

I've tried 2 different approaches....

1. when I uncomment the php_curl.dll library in php.ini PHP will just
*hang* and not respond to anything. (the dll does exist, I did install
openssh, and I also put the libea32.dll and libssl32.dll files in both
the windows\system32 and php\dlls directory, and the php.ini has the
right location of the dlls for the include_dlls directory.)

2. I can run the stand-alone curl.exe as myself, and it works
beautifully...but if I try to run it either via a
        system()
or as a simple
        `d:\php\curl.exe (blah blah blah)`
inside php I get a "unable to fork" or "cannot execute"

Of course I've got the curl .exe set to be readable and executable by
everyone on the world, including (specifically) the iusr_(machinename)
user. :-S

TIA,
Jeff