curl-and-php

help me explain PHP/CURL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 23:26:58 +0100 (CET)

Hi

I've finally realized I need to do something to imform the masses about
PHP/CURL and how PHP/CURL is not curl nor libcurl and what the differences
are.

I'm quite fed up with people looking for "php_curl.dll" (and similar
confusions) on the curl web site and then whining on me for making a site they
cannot grasp.

I realize the PHP people will never get around to provide proper docs, and
even if they would, I can't just sit waiting for others to do something. I
want to act on my own.

Thus, I turn to you on this list. At least you've found this list and that
means something. Can you please help me with some feedback on these issues:

1. What do I need to do on the front page of http://curl.haxx.se to make
    PHP/CURL users go straight to the PHP/CURL binding page and not run around
    looking for PHP/CURL things on a site that covers curl and libcurl?

2. What facts are missing on the PHP/CURL section of the site
    (http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/php/) ?

I especially need help and info for newbies on installtion/getting started.

I actually am eager to get my hands on whatever docs and tutorials I can get
and offer the lot on the site just to get more things to throw at users. If
you have written or can write such docs/info, please consider stepping forward
to help your fellow (future) PHP/CURL users!

(And please remember: 1) I don't know much PHP things and 2) I don't develop
on Windows and am clueless on windows stuff.)

HELP!