curl-and-php

PHP 5.1.2 IIS6, libcurl, cannot grokk https:// urls

From: Drew Weaver <drew.weaver_at_thenap.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:18:20 -0400

        Greetings, I am having what I consider to be a pretty
frustrating situation. I have had IIS6 and PHP 5.1.2 setup on a server
for quite some time without any issue with PHP prior to this. Today I
wrote a script that needs to pull information from an https:// URL.
After awhile of pulling my hair out, I noticed that if I simply change
the URL from the intended https:// address to any http:// address cURL
works as intended; I also copied the script to a Linux server running an
old 4.x version of PHP with OpenSSL enabled and it worked fine with the
https:// URL.

        I read around on the net and found where you have to copy the
two SSL .DLL files to your system directory, I did this and restarted
IIS and it still does not appear to function. I do not get an error
message the page simply displays blank and executes very quickly (too
quickly).

Any advice would be very helpful.

Thank you,
Andrew