curl-and-php

Re: PHP 5.1.2 IIS6, libcurl, cannot grokk https:// urls

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 07:14:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Drew Weaver wrote:

> Greetings, I am having what I consider to be a pretty frustrating
> situation. I have had IIS6 and PHP 5.1.2 setup on a server for quite some
> time without any issue with PHP prior to this. Today I wrote a script that
> needs to pull information from an https:// URL. After awhile of pulling my
> hair out, I noticed that if I simply change the URL from the intended
> https:// address to any http:// address cURL works as intended; I also
> copied the script to a Linux server running an old 4.x version of PHP with
> OpenSSL enabled and it worked fine with the https:// URL.
>
> I read around on the net and found where you have to copy the two SSL
> .DLL files to your system directory, I did this and restarted IIS and it
> still does not appear to function. I do not get an error message the page
> simply displays blank and executes very quickly (too quickly).

No, it is not just a matter of copying two DLLs. You need to:

1. make sure you treat CA certs or lack of them properly

2. make sure you use a libcurl built to support HTTPS

3. tell us what libcurl and openssl versions you use and what error code the
    libcurl function returns if/when it fails

4. show us source code of your attempts