curl-and-php

Re: Possible to POST code to Apache and stdout the response?

From: Daniel Vrabioiu <danyvip_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:10:11 +0300

On 9/18/06, Mike Lott <lists.accounts_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I did consider this as an option, however, I feel that it is too risky
> in that the service [in this case Moodle] is being served from a user's
> home directory, as the agreement is that they are administering that
> particular service, and they might actually delete the test.php file.
> However, it has just struck me as I write this, that all I need to
> really do is change ownership of that file I guess, or have another
> virtual host that serves the php file.
>
> I am still curious as to whether my initial idea is possible though. Any
> takers?

Not sure if I got your ideea right.. as far as I understood your
requirement you could use php as a shell scripting language. You have
to start your script with this:

#!/usr/local/bin/php -q
<?php

[code to post to apache using curl and interpret/output the results to stdout]

?>

--
danyvip
Saying Java is good because it works on all platforms is like saying