curl-and-php

47 - Maximum (20) redirects followed -- bug?

From: All4Hosting . <patchwork14_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:51:31 +0100

Hi

I'm writing a URL checker, I'm fetching URL's using the code below, however
the code always fails to retreive the URL shown below, giving the error "47
- Maximum (20) redirects followed"

But if I paste the same URL in a browser is loads fine.

Is this a bug in the curl code?
is there anything I can do to fetch the URL?

****************
$url = "http://YTB.com/GetPaidNow";

$ch=curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;
Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)');
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);
$buf = curl_exec ($ch);
$errnum = curl_errno($ch);
echo curl_errno($ch) . " - " . curl_error($ch) . "<br>";
curl_close ($ch);

Thanks
Peter