curl-and-php

cURL problem, nothing appear in the page

From: Douglas Fonseca <dglsbr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 01:50:24 -0200

Please, I need help!
I installed cURL library for php5 on my Ubuntu Linux. Everything looks OK.
When I open phpinfo() page the cURL is listed as installed and OK:
curl cURL support enabled cURL Information libcurl/7.15.5 OpenSSL/0.9.8c
zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5
But, when I do a page using cURL like:

<?php
$url = "http://www.google.com";
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
$result = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);
echo $result;
?>

it does'nt work! When I open my Browser and try to apen the page, the page
opens, but with nothing in it!! Completely emply. No errors, no google page,
no contents. Nothing!
Please, with someone could help me, thank you!!

Merry Chistimas,
Douglas