curl-and-php

curl 7.18 & PHP

From: Nicholas Saraniti <nick_at_commcarepharmacy.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:25:08 -0400

We have a RHEL4 Box running Zend Core 2/php 5.2.4/libssh2 0.17/x86_64.
The default RHEL curl install is 7.12.

We have installed libssh2 on the box.

We want to upgrade curl to 7.18 in order to access curl's new SFTP
options. If I uninstall the current 7.12 rpm's, and manually download
and install source for 7.18 (I don see any RHEL4 x86_64 rpms), will I
have to make any changes to PHP itself? I.E. will I have to recompile
the Zend supplied curl module for PHP as well?

Or will doing this break the Zend supplied curl module?

If so, is it possible to have a second curl install with the newer
libraries available alongside the 7.12? I could always just run the
curl command from an exec call.

Zend refuses to offer any support on this issue even though we have a
paid support plan.

Thanks

--
Nicholas M Saraniti