curl-and-php

Re: need to use ssl or sending wrong data from post?

From: ryan pal <ryanpal_at_mail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:31:05 -0500

thank you that was a good reference. after many wrong turns. i'm able to
narrow down what the issue is (sort of). ssl is not the issue here (i
figured t hat but the error threw me off). when i submit to the form, a
popup window opens and closes almost immediately, then a new popup window
displays the results. running this from firefox shows a 200ok and the
correct page. when running from my script i get a 404. i don't believe i
have control over the popup window etc because it all happens after the
post w/out further intervention. my only guess as to why i'm getting a
404 is that i'm missing something that the server wants. i tried to
replicate the headers exactly as displayed in the live http header output
but cannot bypass the 404. (the site uses viewstate which i have hard
coded for now just so i can debug). sorry for the previous confusing
posts. i was running around in circles. based on this new info, does
anybody have some input as to what i can try? ryan