curl-and-php

Re: Long Pretransfer Time

From: Stephen Pynenburg <spynenburg_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:22:04 -0400

From the libcurl docs:

"PRETRANSFER

CURLINFO_PRETRANSFER_TIME<http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_getinfo.html#CURLINFOPRETRANSFERTIME>.
The time it took from the start until the file transfer is just about to
begin. This includes all pre-transfer commands and negotiations that are
specific to the particular protocol(s) involved."
From that, I'd assume it has something to do with using HTTPS, but I don't
really know anything about that. The only other resource I caould find
regarding this was the following mailing list thread:
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/curlphp-2004-06/0025.html