curl-and-php

segfault, glibc corruption, redhat

From: Jon Drukman <jdrukman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 17:05:12 -0700

Hi there. I have a fairly large and complicated website that's running
with php 5 and libcurl. We are all developing on Mac OS X and it works
great on our dev boxes. The redhat servers, however, exhibit weird
incompatibilities with php and curl. Curl requests randomly seem to
crash apache with a segfault ([notice] child pid 5745 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)), or a message similar to this one:

*** glibc detected *** /usr/sbin/httpd: corrupted double-linked list:
0x00002b057c4015c0 ***

I can't reproduce it with a simple test case, only using our entire
codebase causes it to happen.

I tried recompiling the entire chain of apps including openssl, apache,
php and libcurl. Didn't solve it.

Any ideas where to look? I'm happy to provide any info I can dig up.
Let me know, thanks.

-jsd-