curl-and-php

Re: segfault, glibc corruption, redhat

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 09:56:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Jon Drukman wrote:

> I can't reproduce it with a simple test case, only using our entire codebase
> causes it to happen.
>
> I tried recompiling the entire chain of apps including openssl, apache, php
> and libcurl. Didn't solve it.
>
> Any ideas where to look? I'm happy to provide any info I can dig up. Let me
> know, thanks.

First you of course use recent versions of all components?

To catch this problem, I'd probably advice you to rebuild OpenSSL with
-DPURIFY during debugging as then you can run the entire thing through
valgrind and see what warnings it'll show you.

Oh, I'd of course also recommend you fixing a test cast that is as simple as
possible, and a start would be to run php from a command line and etc to see
what you can rule out.

If nothing of that helps, there's just traditional debugging with a good old
debugger that's left.