curl-and-php

Re: Linux Curl PHP problem

From: Mark E <mark_at_edwards.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:13:11 -0600

DreamSight wrote:
> Hi Mark
> thank you for your reply, i did not expect that as fast:) the
> kind of Linux is "CentOS release 5.3 (Final)" up to this point I have
> had lot's of experience with windows boxes but very little with Linux
> Server (Unix) machines, I am on a fast learning curve:)

Do a Google search on something like this:

yum curl php apache

But first, use the command "php -m" to see what modules are loaded into
PHP. If you don't see curl listed then you need to install it. It's
"yum" that you'd use to install packages into CentOS. So you need to
make sure that you have the php-curl extension installed.

With that done PHP and curl should work from within Apache after
restarting Apache.

You can also create a PHP file with the following code, then load the
page in a browser to see how PHP under Apache is configured:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Mark