curl-and-php

Re: Linux Curl PHP problem

From: Richard Lynch <ceo_at_l-i-e.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 21:31:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, July 22, 2009 12:03 pm, DreamSight wrote:
> Hi Etienne
> the following is what I have done so far:
>
> in "/home/installd/buildapache/php-4.4.7" directory where the folder
> "curl"
> exists under "ext"
>
> I issued the command in this dir
> ./configure --enable-curl --with-curl
>
> then:
> make (does this rebuild/recompile php? as i think it does.)

This *should* re-compile any changed code, as well as any
newly-requested extensions, but not the whole thing, ideally.

> then
> make install
>
> and restarted the httpd server.

Before you restart, you should do:
tail -f /var/log/httpd/error.log
Or, perhaps, your HTTP log is in /usr/local/lib/apache/logs/error.log
Or, perhaps, it is somewhere else...
locate "error.log"
And search for something about httpd or apache in that.

> curl then worked via the command prompt!

None of the above made curl work in the command prompt.
curl being installed all by itself makes curl work in the command prompt.

> then i have tried looking for the *.so files (according to that read
> so far)
> in the extensions directory and in:
> /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429
> /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/
> /usr/local/lib/php/
> but they do not exist?
>
> another apeared though
> /usr/local/lib/php/libcurl.so (it has an arrow on the file "bit like a
> shortcut icon")

ls -als /usr/local/lib/php/libcurl.so

This should tell you if it is a symbolic link to some other file.

A symbolic link is like a Windows shortcut, except it actually works
for all software, not just the Windows desktop.

You can also try:
file /usr/local/lib/php/libcurl.so
This will attempt to peek into libcurl.so file and "guess" what it is.

Files in Linux are not required to end in a particular .xyz to be the
kind of file they are -- Though flaunting some conventions like ".so"
for shared libraries is just plain fool-hardy, mostly.

> my php *.ini file is located in
> /usr/local/lib/php/

Does phpinfo() output that path for your php.ini -- Do a "find" in
your browser for php.ini to confirm that PHP is actually reading this
file.

> the ini extensions dir points to
> /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429

You *may* be able to just copy the libcurl.so file there

> I have also tried uncommented variations if extensions in the ini file
> like
> extension=curl.so
>
> even although i cannot actually see any *.so file/s in the directory.

This almost for sure is tossing errors into your Apache error.log when
you re-start Apache. (see above)

--
Some people ask for gifts here.
I just want you to buy an Indie CD for yourself: