curl-and-python

Re: Resolve host problem with proxy and SSL

From: samg samg <samg_pub_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:23:35 +0100 (CET)

--- Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> Since it complains on "www.python.org" it indicates
> that you've failed to use
> your proxy properly as I doubt you use
> www.python.org as your proxy. libcurl
> should only need to resolve your proxy name.

It's the problem, my proxy is not www.python.org
I modified the program like that :
c.setopt(pycurl.PROXY, "proxy:8080")
c.setopt(pycurl.URL,
'http://www.python.org/pics/PyBanner049.gif')

the SAME code works with the No-SSL version, but fails
with the SSL version.
the SSL-version tries to find directly the adress of
hostname without use the proxy.
Furthermore, even when the host is in my intranet, the
resolve fails (while ping on hostname works)

> Why do you suspect c-ares?
Because, i have already had a problem with this
library, so it lost my trust :o)
see :
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/curlpython-2004-09/0005.html
C-ares was the source of problem (pycurl compiled
without c-ares worked well ...)

In my current problem, the curl program with SSL works
well, so i think SSL is not the problem.

I have doubts on libidn and c-ares.
maybe I make a mistake...