curl-and-python

RE: Connection Problems with FTPS

From: Jonathan Hutcherson <jhutcherson_at_vikus.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 10:15:58 -0400

> And you are supposed to be able to use implicitly on port 990
> like this? Try enforcing SSLv2 or SSLv3 and see if helps!

We have tried taking the port out.

> This looks wrong. Or do you have a particular file named
> (nil) you want to rename?

Got that fixed. We were not passing the name of the file in the URL,
and therefore were getting (nil) files created on the server (using
non-ftps)

> > auth = ['AUTH SSL']
>
> This is very wrong. You're using implicit FTPS so it is
> already "AUTH SSL", and if you'd use a ftp:// URL the
> FTPSSLAUTH option enables the auth and associated FTP
> commands. Sending this as an additional custom command will
> only confuse matters.

We were just trying to force it. The reason? Well, we were able to get
a hold of the server's log file, and noticed that the process seemed to
"hang". It never sent the "AUTH SSL" command. The server sends the
welcome message, and then waits... But our script has hanged with the
OpenSSL looking error.

We thought this might be an OpenSSL issue, but FileZilla is able to
connect to the server, and they are also using OpenSSL. We have tried
specifiying v1, v2 and v3. v1 and v3 just return a "Access Denied". v2
is the one that hangs.

Thanks for looking into this! Any more ideas of what I can try?