curl-and-python

RE: Connection Problems with FTPS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 19:37:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Jonathan Hutcherson wrote:

>> And you are supposed to be able to use implicitly on port 990 like this?
>> Try enforcing SSLv2 or SSLv3 and see if helps!
>
> We have tried taking the port out.

I was more thinking about using the preferred ftp:// and --ftp-ssl method
instead.

> We were just trying to force it. The reason? Well, we were able to get
> a hold of the server's log file, and noticed that the process seemed to
> "hang". It never sent the "AUTH SSL" command.

Since this doesn't succeed to connect, of course curl won't send any
commands...

> We thought this might be an OpenSSL issue, but FileZilla is able to connect
> to the server, and they are also using OpenSSL. We have tried specifiying
> v1, v2 and v3. v1 and v3 just return a "Access Denied". v2 is the one that
> hangs.

Are they using the ftps:// approach or the ftp:// one?

But no, I don't know why this happens and I can't think of any good things to
try right now... I'm just puzzled.