curl-and-python

RE: Connection Problems with FTPS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 23:08:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Jonathan Hutcherson wrote:

> We noticed that the server takes ftp:// --ftp-ssl to be "implicit" use of
> ssl, while ftps:// is "explicit". The server that we are using requires
> explicit ssl.

(Uhm, I always manage to get those terms mixed up...)

>> Are they using the ftps:// approach or the ftp:// one?
>
> We have tried to look into FileZilla's code, but it is commented in German,
> and we are not C sidekicks!!

Well, if the server requires ftps:// I guess they use ftps:// ;-)

>> I'm just puzzled.
>
> So are we. Have you seen our traces/-v outputs? They weren't very
> meaninful to us, but maybe they hint something more to an seasoned user :)

They don't tell me much either, I'm not that skilled in SSL low-level protocol
stuff.

Possibly you could just use ethreal to record the SSL negotiation with both
tools, to see if you can detect any differences and possibly try to adjust
stuff accordingly.

I've not seen anyone with this problem before...

What libcurl version on what OS are you using?