curl-and-python

RE: Connection Problems with FTPS

From: Jonathan Hutcherson <jhutcherson_at_vikus.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 16:57:38 -0400

> I was more thinking about using the preferred ftp:// and
> --ftp-ssl method instead.

We noticed that the server takes ftp:// --ftp-ssl to be "implicit" use
of ssl, while ftps:// is "explicit". The server that we are using
requires explicit ssl.

> Since this doesn't succeed to connect, of course curl won't
> send any commands...

Which is weird.

> Are they using the ftps:// approach or the ftp:// one?

We have tried to look into FileZilla's code, but it is commented in
German, and we are not C sidekicks!!

> But no, I don't know why this happens and I can't think of
> any good things to try right now... I'm just puzzled.

So are we. Have you seen our traces/-v outputs? They weren't very
meaninful to us, but maybe they hint something more to an seasoned user
:)

Thanks!