curl-and-python

Re: hang in post with authenticating proxy

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 22:53:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Andrew Bushnell wrote:

> It has to do with the fact that as part of my own headers I was specifying
> as part of my post, one of the headers was 'Content-length'. Even though
> this length was correctly set, its specification was somehow intefering with
> the NTLM negotiating that was going on. By not specifying this header and
> letting libcurl build it itself, things worked fine. I have updated my code
> and have gotten further along.

The Content-Length - and other headers - involved when doing multi-pass
authentications (and especially NTLM) with POST have been carefully crafted
back and forth over the years, and setting your own in this case is a good way
to break libcurl's ability to do right!

Anyway, it is good to hear you got it working!