curl-and-python

Proxy connect errors

From: Andrew Bushnell <awb_at_fluent.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:40:11 -0400

Hi,

I am experiencing an oddity with the proxy server I am working with and
I was hoping someone could help shed some light on what I am seeing.
Specifically, we have some client side code that has to tunnel through
an authenticating server (in this case a Squid 2.5 proxy server).
Anyway, it is setup to authenticate using NTLM authentication. What I
find is that seemingly randomly, the server fails to authentiate and I
get an error returned from pycurl. I am able to replicate this on the
command line using curl.exe from 7.14. What I can do is run my
particular command and if I rerun quick enough, the failure occurs, here
is the error code form curl:

curl: (56) Received HTTP code 407 from proxy after CONNECT

the command line that I am using looks as follows:

curl --proxy [proxyserver:port] --proxytunnel --insecure --proxy-ntlm
--proxy-user [domain\username:password] https://mysecure url

the feedback from the squid server is something like:

r an HTTP/1.1 compliant browser for this to work. Please
contact the <A HREF="mailto:webmaster">cache administrator</a> if you
have difficulties authenticating yourself or change your default password.

but other times, I get a proxy connect aborted from pycurl and not the
above error..

Will keep digging, but wondered if anyone had seen similar things in the
past.

--
Andrew Bushnell