curl-and-python

Re: Proxy connect errors

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:38:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Andrew Bushnell wrote:

> What I find is that seemingly randomly, the server fails to authentiate and
> I get an error returned from pycurl. I am able to replicate this on the
> command line using curl.exe from 7.14. What I can do is run my particular
> command and if I rerun quick enough, the failure occurs, here is the error
> code form curl:
>
> curl: (56) Received HTTP code 407 from proxy after CONNECT
>
> the command line that I am using looks as follows:
>
> curl --proxy [proxyserver:port] --proxytunnel --insecure --proxy-ntlm
> --proxy-user [domain\username:password] https://mysecure url

When you get this error code, did libcurl already authenticate? I mean, are
you re-using an authenticated proxy-connection? Hm, when you rerun two curl
command lines it of course can't re-use an existing one...

No matter what, this smells like it can indeed be a libcurl bug lurking in
there.

Any chance you can get the request and response headers of the particular
request that fails and show it to us? (Of course with sensitive data edited
out first.)

And no, I've not seen this before.