curl-and-python

Re: Proxy connect errors

From: Andrew Bushnell <awb_at_fluent.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:03:57 -0400

Andrew Bushnell wrote:

> Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Andrew Bushnell wrote:
>>
>>> 0000: Content-Length: 1313

>>> == Info: Ignore 1313 bytes of response-body
>>

>> Ok, this at least shows us that we're progressing. It only failed to
>> skip it properly.
>>
>> Aha!
>>
>> I think I found the problem and I've just committed a fix for it.
>> There's a new daily snapshot coming out in just a few hours (to be
>> dated july 6th), it would be good if you could try that.
>>
>> If this still fails, perhaps you can run the command line version with
>> a debugger and see what math I've messed up in the Curl_proxyCONNECT()
>> function in lib/http.c ? Either way, report your findings!
>>
> Ok, I will download the latest and see where I get. I had plans on
> debugging today to help narrow it down a bit further.

Much better, the latest snapshot seems to fix the issue, however, I
found a related problem now. This code works fine as long as I use
--proxy-ntlm on the command line. If I use --proxy-any then things do
not work. I can spend time debugging if that would be helpful, but as
long as I pre-specify that I use NTLM, then it is fine. Anyway, the
latest snapshot seems to now work and I am not getting any connection
problems using the command line curl that I built from the latest snapshot.

--
Andrew Bushnell