curl-and-python

Symbol not found: _curl_easy_cleanup - Curl, Libcurl, Pycurl

From: Bharadwaj Parthasarathy <barbi.bruce_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 18:48:35 -0500

Hi,

I am working on an existing open source python application and porting
it to Mac OSX.
The application uses PYCDF library which requires pycurl.

I have pycurl [pycurl-7.19.0] installed on my system [Mac OS 10.5.8]
On a python shell, import pycurl does not give an error.

When I compile the libraries, I get the following error.

        import _pycdfext ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.5/site-
packages/pycdf/_pycdfext.so, 2): Symbol not found: _curl_easy_cleanup
        Referenced from:/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/pycdf/_pycdfext.so
        Expected in: dynamic lookup

Can someone please help me identify the problem?

Platform : Mac OS X 10.5.8
Curl : 7.20.1
Pycurl : 7.19.0
Libcurl ?? - Newbie here. Does libcurl come packaged with curl? I did
not find libcurl binary, but I have pycurl installed.

Thanks.