curl-and-python

Re: Symbol not found: _curl_easy_cleanup - Curl, Libcurl, Pycurl

From: Christopher Warner <cwarner_at_kernelcode.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 20:02:35 -0400

This is an installation problem it seems you are trying to use a version of
libcurl that doesn't have the right symbol. You most likely installed
libcurl incorrectly or need to have pycurl link against the correct copy of
libcurl.

I'd recommend reading a tutorial on installing libraries etc. The problem to
diagnose readily over email is a bit much.

Install the libcurl you wish to use in a /usr/local/lib or a dir that won't
affect OSX's main curl lib and have pycurl link against that version of
libcurl.

-C

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Bharadwaj Parthasarathy <
barbi.bruce_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on an existing open source python application and porting it
> to Mac OSX.
> The application uses PYCDF library which requires pycurl.
>
> I have pycurl [pycurl-7.19.0] installed on my system [Mac OS 10.5.8]
> On a python shell, import pycurl does not give an error.
>
> When I compile the libraries, I get the following error.
>
> import _pycdfext ImportError:
> dlopen(/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/pycdf/_pycdfext.so, 2): Symbol not
> found: _curl_easy_cleanup
> Referenced from:/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/pycdf/_pycdfext.so
> Expected in: dynamic lookup
>
> Can someone please help me identify the problem?
>
> Platform : Mac OS X 10.5.8
> Curl : 7.20.1
> Pycurl : 7.19.0
> Libcurl ?? - Newbie here. Does libcurl come packaged with curl? I did not
> find libcurl binary, but I have pycurl installed.
>
> Thanks.

Christopher Warner
http://cwarner.kernelcode.com