curl-and-python

Re: Development of pycurl reborn release - Need c/curl developers

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 16:37:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012, Utsav Sabharwal wrote:

> This is possible if we rewrite the python/c api. Here, the c code must
> expose all the features of curl to python. At the python side, we can write
> the required code to use this api fully.
>
> I am good at python but bad in C. Thus, there is a DESPERATE need of one or
> more coders who understand curl source code well and can write this C part
> of C/ptyhon API. The c part should be able expose all functions of curl
> irrespective of the libcurl version.

So maybe such a rewrite is a bad idea, and instead the easier and possible way
forward is to just add support for a bunch of missing options in the exact
same manner the code already works with the existing ones?

Breaking the API/ABI from the existing pycurl version would meet a lot of
resistance anyway (I'm not saying that's necessarily what you had in mind, but
it could be intrepreted like that).