curl-and-python

additional stuff not fine transfer.c:1037: 0 0

From: Dotan Cohen <dotancohen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 02:15:41 +0200

Under what circumstances will cURL print the following message:
* additional stuff not fine transfer.c:1037: 0 0

I have a Python application that access several remote servers. After
running fine for a few minutes, the application suddenly start using
up all the available CPU (doesn't touch the memory), the servers start
timing out, and the aforementioned error is printed tens of times. I
consider that if I know why the error is being printed, I might know
why the CPUs are spiking and the remote servers' responses are timing
out.

This is running Python 2.7 with pycURL and cURL on Kubuntu 12.10. Thanks.

$ curl --version
curl 7.27.0 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.27.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1c
zlib/1.2.7 libidn/1.25 librtmp/2.3
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps
pop3 pop3s rtmp rtsp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: Debug GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz TLS-SRP
$ uname -a
Linux neptune 3.5.0-19-generic #30-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 13 17:48:01 UTC
2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

--
Dotan Cohen
http://gibberish.co.il