curl-and-python

Re: additional stuff not fine transfer.c:1037: 0 0

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:27:46 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Under what circumstances will cURL print the following message:
> * additional stuff not fine transfer.c:1037: 0 0

That's a debug output I put there once to aid me debugging a transfer case I
had problems with and I then left it there. If is only present in debug builds
and basically if you need to ask about it, the message is not for you...

> I have a Python application that access several remote servers. After
> running fine for a few minutes, the application suddenly start using up all
> the available CPU (doesn't touch the memory), the servers start timing out,
> and the aforementioned error is printed tens of times. I consider that if I
> know why the error is being printed, I might know why the CPUs are spiking
> and the remote servers' responses are timing out.

It just explains that the transfer is not deemed complete yet. You need to
look at protocol and TCP details to see what's going on - but it sounds like
you're experiencing some bug somewhere if it uses that much CPU.