curl-and-python

Re: Git repository

From: Ut <codersofthedark_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 15:00:27 +0530

[http://john.albin.net/git/convert-subversion-to-git]
Since, we have gained lot of new knowledge about svn-git import, lets redo
this. John has a well documented conversion procedure defined. If this
sounds good to everybody lets follow it. Feel free to propose more steps if
required.
#UtxD

> zanee=Christopher Warner <cwarner_at_kernelcode.com>
> kjetilja=Kjetil Jacobsen <kjetilja_at_gmail.com>
> mfx=Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer <markus_at_oberhumer.com>
> esr=Eric S. Raymond <esr_at_thyrsus.com>
Since now author mapping sounds complete, we can update it to
https://github.com/pycURL/pycURL

> The start tag/vendor branch has no data. I don't know why it is there but
I see no reason to keep it.
git-svn makes all of Subversions tags into very-short branches in Git of
the form “tags/name”. You haveto convert all those branches into actual Git
tags.