RE: libcurl on QNX 6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:19:00 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 David.Bentham_at_poole.siemens.co.uk wrote:

> Fortunately in the QNX headers its defined as
>
> #ifndef FD_SETSIZE
> #define FD_SETSIZE 32
> #endif
>
> so its relatively easy to override without changing the original
> definition. QNX claim posix compliance so this definition style could be
> standard in other o/s's. Eg Microsoft Visual C++ 6 defines it similarly,
> but its set to 64.

The standard Linux headers seems to set the same define to 1024!

> My initial thoughts are to put some simple test in the Makefile? With
> a 'configure' option to pass in a user- (or best-guess) override definition
> in the GCC options.

That might be a good idea. The annoying part will probably be that the define
won't be available in any known header, so we'll have to search a wide range
of headers. And when we find out, we can't be sure we just change it like
that, without affecting other things.

Or can we?

Anyway, I added your previous notes to the docs/INSTALL document in a "QNX"
section, so that it won't be forgotten in the future.

> On the other hand, it seems bizzarre that the o/s function call to
> socket(..) returns a socket descriptor outside its own arbitrary range...
> perhaps I'll inform QNX about this.

I find it odd too.

Thanks anyway for your digging and informations!