Getting cURL timings

From: Andy Hudson <andyhud1_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 06:48:07 -0400

I am interested to know if cURL can support reading timings (perhaps with curl_easy_getinfo) for different stages of a URL request.
At present, it appears as though cURL will not return a valid timing where a later stage in the request has failed. For example, how do we get the name lookup time if the url request fails?
Essentially we are interested in getting every timing up to the failure and it appears that cURL does not support reporting of timings for successful stages, either by event callbacks or by some other mechanism.

Any help or examples to do this would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Andy Hudson.