Re: hostcache bug

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:54:34 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Steve Dekorte wrote:

> It looks like the hostcache is storing even addresses specified by IP
> address which also seems to cause a double free or some other memory issue
> when hostcache_prune() is called.
>
> Has anyone else run into this?

I filed this problem in bug report 586948, found here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=586948&group_id=976&atid=100976

But now when I try to dig into the problem, I really can't see why caching
the IP-only address is a problem or where it would become a "memory issue" ?

Do you have any further details to add to the report or can you elaborate on
what made you state this?