Re: Login to msn.com using secure socket

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 09:19:54 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Sanket Gupta wrote:

> I am trying to enter into the member area on msn.com using curl with php or
> perl. how can this be done.

You mimic every move your browser does, but use libcurl instead.

> Basically i want to login to the sute and then read whats inside my private
> era on the website . the msn login form is submitted to an https://
> website.

When I do things like this, I usually do this:

1. start ethereal

2. start a browser

3. clean all cookies from the browser

4. start capturing network traffic with ethereal

5. login to the service using the browser

6. stop the network traffic capture

Now, analyze what kind of operations your browser did. Make curl do the same
operations as similar as possible.

This can be a rather tricky work, a little depending on what kind of weird
tricks the remote site uses.