Re: my own progress screen

From: Andrés García <fandom_at_retemail.es>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 21:25:08 +0100

Hi,

> static int status(void *foo,double dltotal,double dlnow,double
> ultotal,double ulnow)
> {
> printf("dltotal: %d dlnow: %d ultotal: %d ulnow: %d \n", dltotal,
> dlnow, ultotal, ulnow);
> return 0;
> }

My C isn't all it should be, but since the parameters are 'double'
you shouldn't use '%d', that's for ints, I think you need '%lf'.

> So the second question is I don't know what the first argument from the
> function is.(I read the tutorial but I don't understand that really ;)
> Now I had to stay a dummy in this parameter. So can me anyone explain
> it?

The first parameter is there in case you want to pass some extra data
into the function, for example, you may want to pass some string to format
the output of the function.

Andres