Re: Tests don't work in Windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 08:30:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Andrés García wrote:

> > Does the problem go away with the latest CVS?
>
> Yes, it works now

Goodie!

> but if you don't mind some nitpicking:

I certainly don't mind.

> When runtests.pl tries to run sws, it first checks whether the
> server is already running, the check to identify it always fails
> because the 'WE ROOLZ' line isn't in the first line but the third:
>
> $ scr/curl -i --silent http://127.0.0.1:8999/verifiedserver
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>
> WE ROOLZ: 1112

Right, there shouldn't be any -i in that command line. I'll remove it.

> And, why kill the server after we know it is our own?

Because while developing, we want to be sure that we are running the latest
version of our own server. I've been bitten by problems too many times when I
fix bugs in the server and re-run the tests, only to have the previously built
server running and then I still see the bugs I thought I fixed... :-)