Re: Problem compiling on WIN32 solved - new proxy issue

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 12:30:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 25 May 2004 Massimiliano_Ziccardi_at_intesa.it wrote:

> Attached you'll find the new Makefiles (if you care) and the diff output
> (hope it's useful).

Perfect! I only worry about the "WITHOUT_MM_LIB" define you now define
unconditionally.

The whole point of using the mm lib on Windows is to provide a better
(subsecond) time resolution for libcurl internal timers. Without it, you'll
loose accuracy. Is this really what the average build-with-msvc-windows-user
wants?

> >> Did you change the way you handle the cookies?

> Since libcurl 7.11.1

Nope, nothing that I can remember or find in the CHANGES file.

> I'm not referring to any particular change in the cookie module. It was only
> a dubt caused by the fact that my server application is not able to mantain
> the session anymore (it mantains it using cookies).

So you get cookies you save to a cookiejar? Then can you show us how the
headers look like that you receive (use verbose) and how the cookie jar looks
afterwards?

> with curl 7.11.1, I get an 'Empty response from server', but the session is
> correctly handled.

If it got no response, how could it get any cookies at all?