Re: Patch for TFTP Support

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:14:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, John Kelly wrote:

> I implemented the transfer timeout option previously discussed, and used it
> to set a per-block timeout that (I hope) is restricted to sensible bounds.

Hm, the CURLOPT_TIMEOUT is used to limit the entire transfer operation to a
maximum time. You may want to add a separate TFTP-related option for this.

Sorry for adding confusion to this. I didn't realize.

> I'd still like to work on the idea of hooking this into Transfer()---if I
> could get the existing patch into CVS, though, it would be easier to fiddle
> with ideas while staying up to date (mainly from having the tftp.[ch] files
> checked in so they aren't seen as build products).

I will indeed work on getting your patch applied and committed very soon.
Please just allow me a few more days to shovel 7.14.1 out the door before I
get your work added. Hang on a few days!

Regarding getting the TFTP things to the main transfer loop. Perhaps we could
make the swrite() and sread() macros into some kind of functions instead that
could use the proper functions depending on the protocol being TCP or UDP. Or
do you have a better idea?